OK, so this is our luxury accommodation in the outskirts of Port Moresby, ugliest and most dangerous city in the South Pacific, for our last night in PNG:
- One bed, double, with sheet (I’ll give it a 5 out of 10 on the cleanness scale)
- One bed, single (cleanliness of sheets unexamined)
- One 1970s era TV
- One desk, chair and shelving unit. All old and frail, none matching
- One A/C unit, sporadically functioning
- One cockroach (soon to be ex-cockroach once it met its fate in the shape of James’ boot)
- Shared bathroom facilities
So – what price this room? Answers through the comment facility, winner gets a FREE NIGHT at this luxurious establishment*.
By the way, the price we’d been quoted was rather less (some confusion as to whether 2 people could fit into a single room…..). That’s the price we paid – so we left PNG with a rather real threat of police action descending on us. My father would be proud
* You’re paying your own airfares though. Cheapskates.